I started this post in December. Since then, I've been sidetracked. This weekend, I was set straight...and simply cannot go another day without clacking this out.
Here's the deal. I have a few friends in this world. Beautiful, fabulous, brilliant, witty, courageous, inspirational, ridiculous, talented (and ridiculously talented), belly-laugh instigating friends.
Most of them live in other states. Some of them weren't even close friendships when we were in close geographical proximity...but they have become close as a result of dedicated internetting. Some friends have huge potential to turn into better friendships, but we have just been waiting for an opportunity to actually get together.
This post is an invitation to all those kinds of friends.
I want you to come to Texas. If you're already in Texas, I want you to come to my house. Sooner rather than later...and at least once before the year is out.
I want to meet/see your babies. I want them to play with mine. If you don't have babies, I want some QT with just you. Wouldn't it be fun if random comments on posts and pictures turned into real conversations on living room couches? I'm guessing, YES.
In this technological age, it has become all too easy to text/email/comment but never really invest in the kind of fellowship that creates and nurtures friendship. I like the electronic stuff just fine, but I really miss/crave/need the face time. And I bet you do too.
So, if you read here, I'm talking to you.
Let's make a plan.
I've got room for couples and probably up to 4 kids to spend the night. If you're local, we're cooking...you're coming over.
Call me. Email me. Facebook me. Whatever. Let's just get this ball rolling.
5 comments:
I love this! We love spending time with you guys!
Gosh, I love this.
And, I would SO come. But, let's just say that flying is not my strong suit right now ;o)
I'm linking this on my blog!
I love this too! We only live an hour from you and we definitely need to get together.
We are in...just let me get this loose diaper debacle over with okay? I don't think you want us in your house until at least the end of the week. Blah. I am beyond tired of dirty diapers and I don't have a single wipe left in the house!
LYF!
I'm in - when do you want us over. :)
Post a Comment